For those interested in the details of Wednesday- we went into the hospital at 8 am to be induced. I was already 5 cm. They broke my water and put me on pitocin I had my first contraction at 9:30. At first my contractions were 30 minutes apart. Then the nurse turned up the pitocin until finally they were 3 minutes apart. It took about an hour of these contractions. During this the blood pressure cuff keeps going and the alarm kept going off because my blood pressure was high. Finally we had the nurse come in because my blood pressure kept getting higher and higher. The nurse looked at my contractions and said the reason is that the cuff kept doing my blood pressure checks during my contractions. I thought about getting an epidural to stop my blood pressure from going crazy. The nurse wanted to check me first before we thought about an epidural. She checked and I was 9 cm so it was too late and the very next contraction I was ready to push. The doctor came right away and told me not to push until he got his gloves on. The second contraction she was out! Kayla was born at 12:26 pm. 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
she is perfect! I love ellies face in the first one! Kayla looks so much like Dave! Now you have one of each of you! good job going again with no drugs! congrats!
how sweet! Ellie's gonna be such a good big sister!
Wow Cari, babies are your thing. You can do them well, deliver well and all. Way to go. Your girls are dolls, absolutely beautiful and precious.
Ellie looks sooo much like you and Kayla looks soo much like Dave!
Post a Comment