Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sick Girl

Ellie is feeling sick this week. She threw up in the car on Monday when we were half way to our ultrasound appointment and has had a runny nose all week. Last night she fell asleep on the couch at 7:45 pm. And then tonight at 5 pm she asked me what time it was. I told her that it's five o'clock. Ellie says, "five o'clock, six o'clock, seven o'clock, eight o'clock". (She goes to bed at eight and she was trying to figure out how many more hours till she could go to sleep). I told her, "Ellie you still have 3 hours till bed time". Before it even reached 6 o'clock she went upstairs to her room. I went up to see what she was doing and she had gotten into her bed, under the covers, and gone to sleep all by herself. Poor girl! I hate when my kids are sick. It makes me feel so bad for them. Hopefully she doesn't wake up super early tomorrow since she went to bed so early.

1 comment:

mindy said...

This is a such a cute story. I can totally picture Ellie putting herself to bed early. I hope she gets feeling better.