Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Potty Training

Two weeks ago Ellie took off her diaper and used her potty twice totally out of the blue. The next week we went to Walmart and as soon as we walked in the door Ellie asked if we could go read the potty book (when we go to Walmart I stop and read Ellie a couple books- she loves to do that). It all clicked in my mind at that point that I had read that book to Ellie the day before she used her potty twice. I bought the book for Ellie and she has been trying to potty train ever since. The book came with a chart that Ellie puts a sticker every time after she uses the potty. The first day she was going to the bathroom constantly ( I don't think she had ever tried to hold her bladder and she was really excited about the stickers). I was thinking what am I getting us into if she needs to use the potty every half an hour. We will never be able to leave the house again. Now she has started holding her bladder longer. On Saturday she went 3 hours without having to go! She still has accidents, but she is still only 2 1/2 and easily distracted by what she is playing at the time. Which, by the way, the padded undies are the best if any of you are preparing for potty training. They catch the potty instead of letting it run all over the place. Kayla loves to be on her stomach playing with toys. She is capable of sitting up, but doesn't sit still long enough to actually do it. She can turn herself all the way around on her stomach and she can move herself a couple of inches forward if she is determined to get something. Now that Kayla is trying to move I have realized that some of Ellie's aren't "baby proof" and need to be put up for a while.
Kayla is always smiley! She is such a happy baby. She likes to look around too and take in everything that's going on around her.


1 comment:

Alan and Kristy said...

So cute! That is exciting that Ellie is potty training. We are excited to see you guys in like 2 months.