Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shocking!

Last night Dave and I were making dinner when all of the sudden BOOM the kitchen window was shattering and flying in on us. I was just screaming and shaking because at first I didn't know what was happening. After a few seconds we realize that the neighbors tree had fallen onto the house and came crashing through the window. The branches were actually sticking through the window and some of the eaves and shingles were in the kitchen. As you can see in this first picture the tree broke at the roots.
It smashed into the roof at the corner of the house. Breaking the outside light, the eaves, the drain pipe.
This is the window after Dave and my dad got it all covered (it has been raining here all week).
Dave went out and chopped up the parts of the tree that were on the kitchen window, but the tree came all the way to the window on the add on, the kitchen window, and my parents bedroom window.


5 comments:

Joneel said...

OH MY WORD !!! Seems like Mel and I were talking with your Dad about that tree this summer. That is totally scary stuff. Glad no one was hurt.

None said...

That is crazy! I am glad that it wasn't a lot worse - we've seen pictures of some of the trees that have fallen around here that landed literally right in the middle of their house! Crazy!

mindy said...

I'm glad no one was hurt!! I would have screamed too! How are you guys going to get that tree out of there?

The Fifes said...

yikes!!

Ivy & Mae said...

That is crazy!!!!