Sunday, December 6, 2009

Beautiful Ellie

Last week as we were driving home from church Ellie says, "Lily (a girl in nursery) loves Jesus, but I love Santa Claus".
So this week we have had many a conversation about Jesus and Christmas. On our way home from church the conversation was:
Me: "Christmas is Jesus' birthday and Santa just brings the presents for Jesus' birthday party".
Ellie: "Jesus turns into a baby at night (her favorite song is Silent Night)".
Me: "Jesus was a baby, but now he is big and lives in heaven with Heavenly Father".
Ellie: "Oh, Jesus wears white and drives a white truck and Santa lives in heaven with Jesus". Me: "Sure".
I think that the true meaning of Christmas is pretty confusing to a 3 year old when Santa is so exciting.

4 comments:

The Fifes said...

wow, i can't believe how much they are growing up! Such beautiful hair!

Annette said...

She has gotton so BIG! She is beautiful and I love how long her hair is. I have had similar conversations with Troy. Hopefully, at least part of the message gets across.

None said...

This is a beautiful picture of her. I love it!

Ivy & Mae said...

LOL

When Isaac was the same age, I could tell he was getting confused with the Santa/Jesus thing, so I just told him Santa was just a nice story and wasn't real.

He didn't believe me and as he's gotten older he's started to piece together the whole Santa/Jesus seperation. And I just play along. I suppose I can't force a kid not to believe in Santa. My family thinks I'm so evil for just telling a 3 year old that Santa wasn't real. Oh well.