Monday, February 16, 2009

Daddy and His Girls

Dave with Kayla. Dave has been working hard in the Academy. We miss him while he is gone and love Wednesday night and weekends when we get to see him. I'm so proud of him and everything that he is doing. This week Kayla has started doing a high pitch happy squeal. It is really cute. Today Ellie was just playing as usually, but Kayla was just cracking up. She was laughing so much, it didn't even matter what Ellie was doing to Kayla it was hilarious. I can already tell that she really likes having an older sister. Once she starts being able to move around she will probably be following Ellie around everywhere. Ellie started to really get into the fact that Kayla thought she was funny. So Ellie was pretending to be a choo-choo train. She would start across the room and then choo-choo over and give Kayla a big hug. We sat and played this game for a while. I love that they are starting to interact a little more.
Ellie really loves her Daddy. I think that it is so cute when she puts her hands on each of his cheeks and looks at him. Ellie just figured gum out today. I have tried a couple of times to give her a piece of gum and she just swallowed it, but today Grandma gave her a piece of gum and she handed it to me when she was done chewing it. I was totally excited that she didn't swallow it. It's kinda funny how things like your child learning the rules of gum are a big deal when you are a Mommy. Ellie has also started saying her prayers at night. I actually say it first and then she repeats what I say, but I still love to hear it. We wrote her little friend a Thank You card this weekend and I asked Ellie what she wanted to write in the card. Ellie said, "Heavenly Father thank you for prayers. Amen."


No comments: